Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sweats,paper,noise

We finally made it back home and let me tell you it was so good to sleep in my own bed. I was able to go see some friends last night, with my family of course. D took the kids to our friends house. I was able to have some girl time as part of a rescue party (broken down cars will do that). It was so good to see every one and start getting back into my routine.

Unfortunately D didn't have as good a night as I didn't. Baby J cried for about 3 hours straight! D thought he just wanted me cause nothing worked to sooth him. When I got there he was very calm after he ate. So I thought D was on the right track. (I'll admit that I kind of like having a mamma's boy. The girls were never that way) Then we got home and he was grumpy again. I figured that he just was ready to lay in his bed. That is what he does. We change him, give him a bink and put him down, with in minutes he is out. That happened last night.

About 1 am J woke up just screaming. D brought him to me. He didn't want to nurse (I was tired enough I would have let him). Then I noticed he was very warm. So we walked the floors last night and finally I have him some Tylenol. He went to sleep and didn't wake up again until 7:30. But he woke up screaming again which is not like him at all. That was when I realized my baby is sick! Our first cold.

So I put on my sweats this morning, held the baby while he cried and cried and cried, then started peeling wall paper from the girls room so that we can paint. The girls are enjoying helping peel, although I sent the them outside to enjoy the sun for the 5 minutes it will be out today. Lets face it, it looks like rain is in our future. S has on a long sleeve shirt, coat, and just asked for gloves. I refused to give her gloves just on principle. It is not that cold, still August for crying out loud!!

Girls woke up the baby on there way outside, NICE! Wish me luck. Hopefully I will still have a brain by the end of the night!!
E

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Hang in there! I hope it passes fast. Maybe it was the change in temp, climate, humidity, etc.

Mary Ann said...

Wow you have only been back for a few days and already things are crazy! Is everything ok with the car? What happened? I hope Jake starts feeling better soon. Call if you need someone to talk to.

Erika said...

Just to clarify-it was someone else's car. I just went along to help pick them up. It was fun for me but kind of sucky for them!

Cattigan said...

How is everyone's health and sanity today?!?!? I'm waiting until 9 am to call you ;)

Jodi said...

Oooh, no fun. Poor baby...and poor mommy! I hate it when my kids are sick. It's so sad. Hope he gets better soon!