So somethings should not be talked about on a blog I am sure. Especially when it comes to the general cleanness of where you live. I have an amazing friend who keeps her house so clean. I love to go there because it feels so good. Clean is good. I am generally some where in the middle of messy and so clean. Most days some one could drop by out of the blue and there might be a few things I wished were put up but we live here so not a big deal. That is so not my house right now!! I would be mortified if any one saw it in it's present condition. I would say it looks like a tornado hit it but that would not do it justice. It is more like two big tornadoes, two small tornadoes and one baby tornado. I think there are some key factors to the problem here:
1. I have a two month old baby who eats every two hours during the day and wants undivided attention the rest of the time he is awake.
2. Gall bladder pain wears me out. Physically it takes a good day to recover and if the attack happens in the night it takes even longer.
3. We are painting right now. So everything gets moved from one room into another and back again. There is also the addition of paint supplies and enormous blue tarps all over the floor. (thank goodness baby is not mobile!)
4. We, in general, are messy people.
The problem lies in the fact that the only sane moment there is for me to clean comes when all children have been put to bed. Sometimes D helps, mostly he just watches. He is even more overwhelmed than I am! Back to bed time. Since school has been out bed time has shifted slightly. This is a problem on so many levels. Bedtime is generally around 7:30 which gives me adult time at night not to mention time to pick up before total exhaustion kicks in. Well I am lucky right now if the kiddos are in bed by 9:30. Did I mention total exhaustion kicks in about 8:15? Any way I have taken the time tonight to finally get the toy closet back in order. This project was started about 6:30 and I am going to bed with it almost done about midnight. I wonder if any of the toys in the two huge bags hidden in the garage will be missed. Hopefully the rest of the projects that I have planned for tomorrow with not take as long!
E
3 comments:
Oooh fun! Sounds like you have your hands full. Good luck. :0)
I feel your pain, sister! Please blog about the messy stuff so I know I'm normal and not alone!
Cleaning...don't you just love it! I hate cleaning! I have foound that if a set a goal the night before to accomplish one cleaning type thing the next day and I get it done my house stays relatively clean. For example...today was vacuming and toilets. Neither of those take all that much time and so when I have a spare few minutes I tackle part of mf goal. Tomorrow is folding the mound of clothes on my couch. I have found that it saves me so much time. We are a much happier family too if we can keep the house clean! Melody's room is usually a mess though but no one ever really sees it. Her and I just pick it up about once a week. If I were there I would so come help you clean your house. I know you have a lot on your plate right now. I wish there was something I could do to help. Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment