Some of the awesome cactus!

1





We started out in good spirits. S was clearly talking everyones ears off. Z would talk over her every now and then. My nephew Ike-man came along to. He must think all girls talk alot! The three kids probably hiked twice as far. You know the drill, they run way ahead until you tell the to stop, but they don't stop. They run back to they exact spot you are at only to do it all over again.

It is about a 3 mile hike total. I put Jake on my back because it is really not that hard, right? About half way up, we stopped to take a break. Not the kids idea of course.My sis decided to go with the kids so they could go a bit faster. Yeah I wasn't keeping up with them anymore. My sweet mother was questioning if she would continue up or not. Of course I pushed her into continuing with promises of its not that far. It really wasn't, less than half a mile, but it was mostly strait up rocks, oops!

I hiked the last half up by myself, sort of, J was still on my back. At least he would sing as loud as he could to help me keep going! It was a little tricky, you see, sis was a head of me with the water and mom was behind me with the camera. I opted to follow the water. We made it! And I think everyone mostly enjoyed it. Sis said the kids ran the whole way up. Needless to say, I was dead by the time it was over and J was feeling rather heavy. I have not gone back, hehe.






This was the view on the way up. I thought is was breath taking!


Since we have been here, I have been forcing us to be more active! Well the kids and I at least. Well Z and I at the very least, as you already now know. I want to enjoy the fantastic weather while it lasts. (Today I think we hit 90 degrees, yikes) One fine Saturday I had the most brilliant idea (do you see the light bulb?). I announced that we were going to go hike to the wind caves. I invited my mother and sister along. They came and I thought, this is going to be so fun.



We started out in good spirits. S was clearly talking everyones ears off. Z would talk over her every now and then. My nephew Ike-man came along to. He must think all girls talk alot! The three kids probably hiked twice as far. You know the drill, they run way ahead until you tell the to stop, but they don't stop. They run back to they exact spot you are at only to do it all over again.

It is about a 3 mile hike total. I put Jake on my back because it is really not that hard, right? About half way up, we stopped to take a break. Not the kids idea of course.My sis decided to go with the kids so they could go a bit faster. Yeah I wasn't keeping up with them anymore. My sweet mother was questioning if she would continue up or not. Of course I pushed her into continuing with promises of its not that far. It really wasn't, less than half a mile, but it was mostly strait up rocks, oops!

I hiked the last half up by myself, sort of, J was still on my back. At least he would sing as loud as he could to help me keep going! It was a little tricky, you see, sis was a head of me with the water and mom was behind me with the camera. I opted to follow the water. We made it! And I think everyone mostly enjoyed it. Sis said the kids ran the whole way up. Needless to say, I was dead by the time it was over and J was feeling rather heavy. I have not gone back, hehe.E
I really wanted a picture if the sign as proof I made it to the top. These lovely ladies thought I wanted them in the picture. It was a big deal they made it to the top.







J was sure tired after all his hard work. It's tough to look cute and smile at people all morning long!
1 comment:
does your sis live there? why don't i remember that?
Post a Comment