Thursday, May 1, 2008

30 Minutes

Mom thought I should blog so I can come back and laugh at my feelings later. Seems reasonable. I just called the hospital again to find out if there are any open beds or at least where I am on the list. They put me on hold for a while and finally the nurse came back and said they will call me back with in 30 minutes either way. "Either Way" whats that you might ask. I guess there is a chance we will be canceled today. BUMMER. I suppose it does not really matter...phone call...YESSSSS we are heading in!!
Think of us and wish us luck!!
E

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe I should add to this post for my favorite youngest daughter. Here is how her day went after her last post according to the text messages I received:
4:35 pm - We are on the way to the hospital
7:01 pm - Just finished paperwork and iv hooked up. It is going to be a long night.
8:44 pm - Just took my first pill. Hopefully we will have some contractions within the next hour. I am at a 2 so we will see.
10:00 pm - Having decent contractions now. Maybe won't take as long as I thought. I can hope at least!
12:43 am - They just broke my water, hopefully soon!
7:36 am - No baby yet. At a 6. He is taking his sweet time. The turkey, he must not know how hungry I am!! Hehe!!
9:15 am - He is here!! included a video of our new gift from heaven. 8 lbs 8 oz - 20 3/4" long.
I love you Dave, Erika, Sarah, Zephra and ??? name still to be determined-
Grandma

Leah said...

awww, yay, Congrats Erika and family. I look forward to getting a peek at him soon! and how sweet is your mom posting up updates for you??

Brandt Standage said...

ERIKA1 im soooo excited! I cant wait 2 meet my new lil cuz in person! I love you and im thinking of ya! :)

Bevell Family said...

Hi Lil Jacob!! How exciting to have you here with us. We sure love your Mommy, Daddy, and Sisters. You are a true miracle in our lives...
Love you, Aunt Seanie

Sarah bug & Z-bird!
BIG SQEEZE... EEEEEEHHHHH!!! Aahh you feel good! How fun for you to be big sisters to such a cute little guy. We are so happy for you. And I know you will be such helpers. I can't wait to see more pictures of all of you. You two are growing so big. I remember when you two were just as little as Jacob. You were so fun to hold and play with. I sure love you both.
Hugs and Smiles,
Aunt Seanie,

Dave & Erika,
CONGRATS on such an awesome family. How fun to feel even more complete with your newest little guy. I am so relieved that everything went so well. I pray that Erika's hip will heal quickly. John actually got choked up as he expressed what a miracle it is for women to put their very lives at risk to have such wonderful babies. We are truly never the same are we? And that is way it is planned. I am so happy for you and wish I could be there to hold Jacob and squeeze my awesome nieces. Please give them squeezes for me. Love you all and talk with you soon.
Love and Smiles,
Sean A'lee

Jodi said...

Yay! We are so excited for you! Sean A'lee showed us some pictures tonight and he is soooooo cute and sooooo sweet. Congratulations!