Thursday, May 22, 2008

Boys

Last night was very entertaining for Big D and I. You have to understand, I have Davis blood in me and I was raised on these jokes. So no matter how hard I try to suppress it when I am tired it just comes out!! We were laying in bed and all of the sudden Big D farted, not alot of smell but alot of noise. I said something like "D stop that, your going to wake up the baby." Baby bird pipes up and grunts what sounds like a giggle. For the next 30 minutes or so we were entertained (lots of giggling from mom and dad) by a wide range of grunts and farts from my sweet baby bird. It was almost like he was saying "Dad, this is how you do it!" Right then and there I realized my baby bird is going to grow up to become a boy!!!
E

5 comments:

Bevell Family said...

OH... this post has got to be forwarded and dedicated to Uncle Don for sure!!! And even Grandpa would have gotten a tear jerk laugh. HOW FUNNY!! You girls better watch out, it is good you still out number them by one... Take cover and really enjoy Fathers n Sons outings. Hee Hee. Although I can see the girls eggin' him on in a couple of years. Oh...Erika... you are welcome for a visit / getaway anytime. Hee Hee.
Hugs & Smiles,
Sean A'lee

Cattigan said...

Ah, yes! The bonding of a father and son. LOL I see WAY too much of it in my house!

Leah said...

my girl could let 'em rip with the best of the boys when she was a baby... LOL!!!

But the boys definately take the cake on that issue. how funny! Even as adults, farts are funny. I crack up every single time Connor does it, because he gets this hilarious look on his face where he's halfway laughing at himself, and halfway saying "oh no!".

and YAY on the "not much smell". I wish my husband could pull those ones off. His are more "not much sound, lots of smell" ugh

Mary Ann said...

I don't know what it is about farts but they can make anyone laugh. Even Melody who isn't even two laughs when she or anyone else lets em rip!

Jodi said...

Watch out if he's at it already! My girls are as good, if not better than their dad, so I can imagine how a little boy could be. I'll pray for you.

Oh, and about that take cover, thing that Sean A'lee mentioned...

If it was at my house, my husband would have forced ME to take cover by actually pulling the covers over my head and making me smell that nastiness. YUCK! Ever heard of the "covered wagon"? If your husband ever mentions it - RUN!