Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Time to wake up




I am finding that J-bird is a pretty good alarm clock! This morning at about 5:15 we heard quite a few grunts and moans basically saying "Feed Me". He gives us a good 45 seconds to respond before he is mad and wailing, letting us know that any delay is not ok, hehe. But he did surprise me by sleeping for 6 hours straight last night. It doesn't quite make up for the 3 weeks of sleep deprivation but it is a start. A couple more nights like that and we will be good to go.



This so describes the dynamics of our family right now. J-bird crys and z-bird wants him to stop instantly or to be away from him. S-bird wants to help anyway she can. She is a huge help too. She will hold him anytime I ask and she sings him songs, tells him stories and even does puppet shows for him. She has also been fantastic with z. She has played with her constantly and has been constantly teaching her new games. S-bird is just so wonderful to have around.



Mom and Dad Dixon are now in town for a visit. They will be here through Sat. Already Mom is jumping in with both feet to help. She just went to the store to pick up things for dinners for the time she is here. Wow, how lucky am I to have more help! They kept J-bird here this morning so I could continue the car pool which is awesome.

Well I only have a few more minutes before j-bird wakes up. I should probably shower now since my next chance won't be for awhile. Have a great day.
E

4 comments:

Leah said...

That's funny about Z! Emily was always wanting to help the baby, and Jared wanted him as long as he was quiet and still. If he moved too much or cried, J was done. LOL!

congrats on the sleep. Hope that continues for you!

Leah said...

PS I tagged you; check out my blog 5/28 for the details...LOL

Jodi said...

Sounds like you have a lot of "helpers".

Good luck with that sleep thing. I'm still working on it and my kids are almost 5 and 2 1/2. Oh well, maybe some day.

Cattigan said...

You look wonderful! I miss you!