Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dinner Conversation


Tonight we were eating dinner. Mom Dixon made an awesome meal, so tasty. S-bird blurts out (I say blurt in the kindess of ways, meaning she was having a random thought) I can spell Z-bird z-e-p-f...We told her she was close. Remember the 2 letter f(ph) 'no, I don't remember'. This started a whole conversation on different ways to spell fish. Again random I know. We were though phish and Big D says what's another way to say 'sh'(think fish still)? S-bird yells out "SHIP". WE ALL LAUGHED at the close call. She said it very loud and very slow. I thought to myself, that was a close call. I would have been mortified to have her say that in front of my in-laws and I would have had a discussion right then and there with big d about whatever language he had been using!
E

4 comments:

Leah said...

LOL!! When Jared was about 18 months old, he began his obsession with trucks. He'd shout out everytime he saw one. It would have been rather cute, had it not sound like F---, instead of TRUCK. "F---! F---!" Yeah, that was loads of fun dropping Emily off for preschool when SHE was in the 3's class as J's shouting out in glee about all the trucks driving by and other preschool parents looking at me like I was the worst parent in the world (while halfway laughing at me at the same time).

Gotta love those close calls!!

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness. I had to laugh at that one...because rather than close calls, my kids actually did say a couple of words I did't want them to say. When Madison was about two, she could use the "s" word in context (she built a block castle and it fell over, thus the need for profanities). My husband said "Where did she learn that word?" I gave him one of those all important looks and he said "Oh, oops." Duh! She did NOT learn that word from me!

Mary Ann said...

When Melody says shirt it sounds alot like that. She can't quite make the "r" sound yet. You should hear her talk though she has quite the vocabulary now. She even know her ABC's. Well most of them there are a few letters she struggles with and just this week she started to recognize some colors. She is growing up too fast. She isn't a baby anymore. Why can't they just stay babies forever? I need to see you and baby Jacob then maybe I'll get my baby fill. Although it will probably just make me want another one.

Anonymous said...

While cleaning my office, I ran across this quote and thought of your blog:
"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said." - Mothers every where can attest to that. :-)