Friday, October 10, 2008

The amazing power of onions.


I am constantly trying to find ways to bend my girls will to match my own. They are always loving, tender and thoughtful of course. I have tried gently prodding and ever so slightly elevating my voice to make sure my instructions are clear. I do it so rarely, every time I think-they will listen because they will know I am serious. Nope they gently raise there voice as well. (It has a lovely effect in our all tile house) They have tasted many food they would not choose to only to discover they actually like them, much to my chagrin. Finally I have found the onion. No matter how much they say they like it. Their voices fall on deaf ear: after they are done they drink at least 3 full glasses of water.

Onions are amazing because I do not even get upset anymore. I just pull out a spoon of chopped onions and remind the offender that if they argue with me over eating the bite they will have another. I had to add the clause yesterday that the first bite will not be followed by water.

I am also considering teaching them 'Love at home'. My friend Queen M (http://baxterbugs.blogspot.com/2008/09/beauty-is-in-eye-of-beholder.html) seemed to turn out ok. If it worked for her mom it just might work for me as well.
E

1 comment:

Jodi said...

The food thing is fun at our house. My girls constantly tell me they don't like whatever I'm making for dinner, but I've decided that I'm sick of cooking three different meals every night just to appease everybody. So they have to try at least one bite of everything I make, and if they don't like it, they can have a peanut butter sandwich. Since Madison is finally old enough, she gets to make her own. Good luck. :0)