Sunday, October 12, 2008

Superman


I was reminded of one of my favorite stories about my kiddos the other day as I was talking to some friends. They suggested I post it. I figure that is a good idea since my memory seems to be the size of a pea.

Recently (by that I mean one or two winters ago) we had a snow storm up here. We don't have snow for longer than 24 hours usually so I have no snow gear. Well we pulled out of the driveway and promptly got stuck. Big D,being the wonderful man that he is,hopped out of the car to start pushing it. After several minutes of no success my sweet girls started there little grumblings about being in the car and not going anywhere. Rather that being grumpy with them I had a magic moment! I told them they could not talk like that or daddy could not be superman. They had to be really quite so no one would notice how strong he was to push our car. A few minutes later between him pushing and me hitting the gas just right we were free. He got back in the car to me smiling smugly and the girls with there mouths open. S said, 'Dad you really are superman!' They thought he was superman for a couple of months and I didn't discourage this line of thinking. I always new my husband was superman.
E

2 comments:

Jodi said...

That's a great story. You'll have to remind your girls of that one when they're older, they'll love it. :0)

Aren't all dads superman?

Cattigan said...

LOVE that story!