S went to her best friends birthday party a couple of Saturdays ago. I have a very cute video of the two of them skating.
Anyway, I was talking to the mom and aunt of the birthday boy, they told me the most fascinating story. Birthday boy had a problem with picking his nose and all matter of punishments and threats were not working to stop this problem. That is when the 'Booger Man' found out about the problem. See the 'Booger Mans' job it to make sure kids stop picking there nose. He sneaks into there room at night and turns there picker finger green. The said finger says green for days allowing everyone the offender knows to see proof that he picked his nose. After this story, was told I remember seeing a green finger at school one day when I was helping out in the class. Everything makes sense now. Why, when I asked what happened to his finger, he turned bright red, ducked his head and went the other direction.
This story enlightened my mind. There are so many possibilities with this new found knowledge...enter thumb man. Thumb man has in essence,the same job. If he finds out you have been sucking your thumb he turns your finger orange or red (I started the story before I had picked a color) and makes it taste terrible. Z has had a slight problem with sucking her thumb. She has been warned now about thumb man and what his job is. I have not seen her suck her thumb in about a week. Amazing right! Now hopefully there will be follow through if I ever catch her doing it. Hopefully I will have food coloring on hand as well!
2 comments:
LOL!!! Thankfully, my kids were really easy to pull away from thumbs or binkies. Emily was almost three and I told her three year olds don't suck their thumbs, and she never sucked it again. Jared was 18 months old and we took the binkies away and he cried for 15 minutes the first day, ten minutes the next day, and not at all the third day. Connor never took thumbs or binkies...
I like the booger man and thumb man ideas. (how did they get the finger to stay green all day???)
The things us moms think up! I wasn't as creative in getting rid of binkies...I just told Melody that once she lost all of her binkies I wasn't going to buy any more. That happened two days ago and it hasn't fazed her yet...but it does take her longer to go to sleep...I can live with that!
Post a Comment