This would have been a much better post with pictures. If you ever have a day like this, take pictures.
The morning started out well. I got up started cleaning and packing. Dear D said he wanted to work together on everything. I knew this would slow me down but it would speed him up. You see I am out of denial and he is still standing on the fence. I got him started in our bathroom cutting tiles. I fed Jacob and put him down for a nap. Then I went into the bathroom downstairs. I guess we have a dog in the house because it smelled like pee in the very worst way. The cute little red haired puppy had peed in the bathtub. WHY???? I have no idea! I grabbed some very strong cleaner and went to clean it. I was shaking the can to spray it and it slipped right out of my hand. Needless to say it hit the edge of the bath tub just right, it chipped it about the size of three quarters next to each other. (That is not an overstatement, I wish it were)
Then I headed out to reading lessons for S. We got there and our reading teacher forgot. (this was a different day, completely not her fault) On the way there I had a flat tire. Thank goodness I always carry a tire pump in the car with me. (It comes with the territory of being married to someone who does construction) I was so impressed with the people here. With in the 10 minutes it took to fill my tire 3 people stopped to help me. I didn't even know them. Anyway with reading lessons not happening I went to get the tire fixed.
When I got there the wait was 45 minutes. It needed done so we stayed, sort of. I took the girls for a walk. That long in a tire store would have done them in. So we walked the 1/2 mile to Dairy Queen. On the way there D called to say I had the mortar for the tiles in the back of the car. We were almost to DQ I was not turning around to take it to him. (This was a small mistake since the tile are not stuck down) Let the girls play while I ordered them a hot dog. After a good amount of time, longer than 45 minutes for sure, we headed back only to discover the car had not even been taken back yet. Another 45 minutes and we were out the door, yes! (amazingly not one tire display was knocked over. Yet maybe our service would have been faster if one had been.)
We got home and I was ready to work. I started trying to take care of things and work on laundry. D made an excellent suggestion, he was going to pack up his extra clothes as they came out of the dryer. This turned into the project of the day. After about 2 hours we were all ready for a snack. Popcorn is easy to make and tasty too. (We make ours from scratch) While I popped the corn S worked on melting the butter in the microwave. I grabbed the cup that the butter was in to pour it on the popcorn and ouch!! Burned all of my pointer finger and my thumb. I threw the cup back on the counter spilling butter everywhere. D yelled put it in water. J started screaming. S started laughing. Z froze. Stress reactions from everyone. D had to take J outside to get him to stop crying. When he brought him back inside, J would not look at me and no one could make him smile. We all laughed with S at that point. Well work came to a screeching halt for about three hours.
But we did manage to get all the clothes packed up before the night was over!! It was a long day.
E
3 comments:
I'm sad you chose to go to DQ over our house, the walk was definately shorter. Or you could have come over when you realized you had another 45 minutes to wait. Disapointing.
That would have been a much better idea. Much more fun for everyone involved!
What an awful day! I hate days like those.
Post a Comment