The time change is killer for all children. I had to force the baby to stay up an hour later than normal. It was not as pleasant as it sounds *grin*. Then I decided to make bread. My Mom is in town for a visit and she has yet to taste my yummy bread.
Because of the time change I have failed to keep the Sabbath as Sabbathy as usual. I let Z watch The Little Mermaid. Not quite Sunday worthy but good enough for me tonight. In the middle of my dough preparation The Little Mermaid ended. Mom said she started something like a Knights Tale. Again not great for Sunday, but as soon as I was done with the dough she was going to bed (Maybe 10 minutes). So I am working on the dough talking to Mom when I hear excruciating screaming and tearing sounds. Being very familiar with A Knights Tale, I said 'are you sure she is watching A Knights Tale, I don't remember any parts that sound like that.' Mom quickly responds that it is not that movie but a movie with knights in it. I completely forgo the dough and run to see what my 4 year is watching. I glance at the screen to confirm my suspicions. It was something on TV that looked like, at a quick glace, a giant moth beheading a group of people while ripping flesh from there bones! Nice right. Z promptly says something to the affect of 'Mom this show is really yucky.' I turned it off quickly. Z wanted to watch scooby doo. I told her it was time for bed then changed my mind. I didn't want the last images to fill her head right before sleep to be of crazy giant moths.
She watched Scooby Doo for about 20 mins. I know, if the TV had not been on she would not have seen.
E.
2 comments:
I love the updated pics and I love the music...David Cook...so great! That is the funniest story....we all have these moments...scary moth...scooby doo much better.
This reminds me of the time when Brant was about 4 or 5 and we had a counseling appt to work with his speech therapy. This counselor had just called us into the room when Brant shared the most aweful gruesome scene he witnessed on a TV Show. He had seen this at our RE Broker (Glennis) home during her wedding reception. Some men had been watching a football game and then left the room when it was over... the next show was this rescue show, showing accident victims. I hadn't even really known what all he had seen until he shared it with her. Well she proceed to tell me that I needed to improve on my parenting and how irresponisble I was to allow my young child to witness such graphic shows. That was when she said our whole family needed counseling... All I can say is Thank you to her because I saved a lot of money by never going back!! Hee hee. Sometimes you just can't be everywhere! I don't think it ruined Z as I understand she really loves that rubber mouse from Halloween. hee hee
Smiles,
Sean A'lee
Post a Comment