Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Doctor's Call

The doctor called and said that I have gallstones. I probably passed one which was causing all of my pain. I have to be really careful with what I eat for the next week. I have not had any problems for two days!!

Now's the part that makes me nervous. He said they found a spot on my liver during the ultrasound. It is probably nothing. He told me what it was called but I can't remember-basicly it is a spot that is not cancerous and will not ever turn cancerous. I need to have another ultrasound in 2 or 3 months. I also have high liver enzymes. I have to have my blood done again on the 30th. Again he said this is probably nothing to worry about. I looked it up online and gallstones can cause high liver enzymes. The point is it is probably nothing, but I will be just a little nervous until I have my blood work redone.

Other than that we are all healthy and good. Baby bird laughed for the first time when I was with my friend Cat. It was very cute. He has been on the verge of doing it again ever since but apparently we are just not that funny.
E

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'm glad you heard back from your doctor. When I had my problems with my gall bladder my liver enzymes were high too because of where the stone was stuck and that is what caused my jaundice. Hopefully like info will make you feel more at ease and ot worry so much. Are they going to schedule surgery to remove it?

Jodi said...

Oooooh, scary! I hope you get better soon. :0)

Erika said...

I have not heard the doc talk about surgery. I think as long as I don't have more symptoms that won't happen.

Leah said...

I'm glad to hear you've been feeling better. And I'm glad to hear the liver thing will most likely be nothing. I will sympathize with the waiting/wondering. I had a lump in my left breast when Jared was only a few months old and it was a whole lot of appts and whatnot before they got me in for a u/s and decided it was fine. YIKES We kind of take our health for granted sometimes... I will keep you in my thoughts it definately turns out to be nothing!