Saturday, June 14, 2008

Early Saturday Morning

Last night we stayed up watching movies. Not always the best idea with a new baby but sometimes you just have to be a rebel. This morning came early though, unfortunately. At 6:30 baby was wide awake, having happy time, ready to be played with. D did not help the situation by encouraging this. So I dragged myself out of bed-wishing only slightly that I drank coffee-to find something to eat and entertain baby. Around 7:00 the girls woke up because there was movement in the house. D left at 7:30 to go help put a roof on a friends house. The girls are now very awake and asking for food and what games they can play. Baby is crying and cranky because usually after eating he goes back to sleep and sleeps till around 8:00. So I finally get baby to sleep, fix kids breakfast, and find toothpicks to hold my eyelids apart. Then comes the kids getting dressed to play outside along with the argument Z and I have every morning,'No you can't where your dress up shoes outside they will get ruined' 'I can't find my shoes so these are all I have' 'then you can't go outside, you need your real shoes to go outside' 'But Mom...slight wailing that is now building in pitch...I don't know where my shoes are! You find them' I am sure you can imagine the rest.

What I want to know is what happened to kids getting up early, sneaking to the TV and turning it down low enough so it can not be heard by parents ears to watch Saturday morning cartoons!
E
(I am not really complaining-I am glad my kids would rather go out and play-just extremely tired)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Yeah, I was wondering that, too. We used to get up soooooo early on Saturday and go straight for the TV. We turned it on as low as we could and would watch for a couple of hours before our parents woke up and caught us. Not so with my kids. They wake up soooooo early (like we did) but they come in and jump all over us until we get up with them. No fair! I hear it gets better as they get older, though, but by that time you are so conditioned to waking up early, you aren't physically able to sleep in. I know I'm gonna prove 'em wrong, though. :0)

Ha ha about the toothpicks! Me too!

Leah said...

My kids wander in around 7am and ask if they can watch a show. Which I happily agree to, as I get up to get a shower and attempt to wake myself up fully.

Z and Jared must be related in some way, shape, or form. Jared's got a few certain things he prefers to wear, and anything and everything else is completely UNACCEPTABLE (and we hear about it, LOUDLY). Gotta love those stubborn streaks!

Cattigan said...

Sneaking to watch Saturday morning cartoons will come soon enough. I am still waiting though :)