Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pain

I have a pain in my side. It started out as a dull ache every now and then. Over the weekend that all changed. To say it is intense is to put it mildly. My sister said it best when she said it is like a bomb exploding. Luckily it comes and goes. But for the 45 minutes my stomach is being attacked it feels like I could die! I went to the doctor yesterday and they did blood work. This morning I was lucky enough to be at another doctors office at 6:45 to have an ultrasound. I don't know what is causing the excruciating pain yet but the thought so far is gall bladder. More importantly, I hope they can resolve it quickly. It is frustrating to figure out what to eat. I already can't have dairy. Now while I wait I need to stay away from protein (meats) and fats. Last night was a fat free dinner for me. It's not all bad I suppose at least it helps me get back to my pre-baby figure, hehe!! I should have results at some point today so I will give an update then.
E

4 comments:

Cattigan said...

I'm around so if you'd like me to come and kidnap a kid or two or three, let me know. I'd be happy to do it!

Bevell Family said...

Oh My sis... I am so glad you had the ultrasound so quickly. I do hope they get it taken care of soon. I know it feels so bad at the time...

And Cattigan... I'm so glad you are there... I say just go get them. hee he... And please give my sis a GREAT BIG HUG for me... And quish the kiddo's... I sure miss them sooo much.

Love you Erika... And you let Cattigan help... Now my bossiness is shining thru. hee hee.

Smiles,
Sean A'lee

Mary Ann said...

Oh Erika I feel for you! I know how you feel. It wasn't long ago I went through the very same thing. I'm with Sean on this...let someone help. I would if I were there! Hope you're feeling better soon. Love and Hugs!

Leah said...

oh my goodness Erika! I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this (whatever it is). I hope they figure it out quickly and get you back to normal SOON. It's hard enough being a mom/wife/etc without being in terrible pain