Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Great American Camp Out




Being that today is the last day of school, Dad promised the girls if the weather was nice they could camp out on the new trampoline. S being the genius that she is remembered this comment from a few days ago. About 5:00 the preparations started. Sleeping bags were found, fought over and chosen (s has a pink one, z has scooby doo). Warm pj's were hunted down, pillows were discussed-how many would be just right, also the very important stuffed animal decision-which one would make it to the great camp out! 10 mins later all of the said objects were piled by the back door while everyone watched a movie to the constant back round noise of 'is it time to go out yet?'


At 9:00 the girls were told they could take there things outside being that it was twilight. Dad was finishing some work, so I was assigned the honor to help set up the 'beds'. This was because the girls were a little scared to go out by themselves, they were not afraid to tell me this. So beds were set up pj's put on and the girls were ready. While they waited for Dad the monster talk started, every monster imaginable now lives in the backyard. The girls have each found a flash light and have given dad his machete to scare away the monsters.


Now as they head out with Dad, they won't even look out the window by themselves, they are prepared to lay as close as possible on each side. So the real question is who do you think will get more sleep tonight, me with the baby or Dad with the girls? For the rest of the saga tune in tomorrow...

E

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Oooh, scary! I bet you will definitely get the most sleep. I'm also betting that Daddy will come walking through the door with two little girls in tow about an hour (if that) after they get outside.

Bevell Family said...

Who needs mountain man camping with this group? I love it when kids get excited about things like that... I can see that this could be the start of a great Dad & kids tradition. How did Jacob like it? Hee Hee... How fun would it be if the girls and Izaak could do that too! Love you...

And I was sure you would get the most sleep... except that Dave is a lot like John and they can sleep anywhere!

Love & Smiles,
Sean A'lee

Betsy Hart said...

HOW FUN!!! I used to love the 'camp outs' in the backyard!!

Mary Ann said...

How fun! Wish we could have been there! We could have made s'mores! It probably would have been a lot more fun than good ol lonesome lake! That was the best camping trip ever! HA! HA! Oh how I miss are many adventures together!

Leah said...

how fun! And that wasn't even a warm night either! And didn't it rain overnight???? LOL!!!!

I can't wait to hear all that turned out.

PS I'm shocked at how much you think Em and J look alike. I honestly have seen a resemblence maybe TWICE in J's whole life. LOL!