Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rain

Well, I can't believe I am trying this but it could be good! I was just sitting at my computer looking out the window thinking I really don't like the rain. All winter long I endure the rain and the clouds. The problem is I really like the green that comes with the rain. Especially now that it is spring and the cherry trees are full of pink blossoms and the yellow tulips are popping out of the ground and I can see the green buds of leaves on the trees. I know that very soon I will be surrounded by a green fairy land. That is why I ENDURE the rain all winter, plus I don't have any control over it!! But as I was watching the really big rain drops fall, the clouds parted creating a sliver of light as the sun sets, and the rain became just as magical. It was glistening and sparkling, even on the ground it was so shiny. So I have learned that I like the rain when the sun is shining. But I would not know that if I didn't have the clouds!

I know it was a long paragraph about rain but it leads into this part. I was looking out the window thinking how much I am going to miss Big D while he is gone for the next two weeks. With three weeks left in this pregnancy I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. He is my emotional support and it is difficult to have him leave right now. I am sure my two little birds will keep me throughly entertained though. The S-bird is actually a really great helper, carrying laundry up the stairs for me with minimal whining and emptying the dishwasher, which for some reason is a fun task right now. The Z-bird loves to help cook and is actually very good at following my directions, also is excellent at setting the table, no broken dishes, knock on wood. You never know, I could get more done with Big D away. Sometimes he can be a slight distraction!! Any way I felt now was the time to start this blog to fill the time that I would be idly starring out the window thinking about how much I don't like the rain!!

I will post again soon,
E

2 comments:

Ms. Kneisly said...

Yipee!
Love it.
Beautiful.
Like your songs too!

Cattigan said...

I love and miss you.